Atlanta is a bustling metropolis with plenty to offer visitors of all ages. From shopping at world-renowned department stores to marveling at the architecture of downtown, there’s something for everyone in Atlanta. When it comes to fun activities, there’s no shortage of things to do with kids. Here are some suggestions for things to do in Atlanta with kids!
Things to do in Atlanta with kids
Atlanta offers plenty of activities to keep kids busy and entertained. From visiting the World of Coca-Cola to checking out the Atlanta Zoo, there are plenty of things to do in the city for all ages. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Brave new world at the World of Coca-Cola: This interactive museum is filled with all sorts of cool Coke-related exhibits, like a replica of a Coke bottle carbonator and a mock vending machine that dispenses soda drinks from plastic bottles. There’s also a gift shop where you can buy souvenirs, like Coke memorabilia. The World of Coca-Cola is open daily from 9am to 5pm.
2. Head to Stone Mountain Park for a day of hiking, biking, and horseback riding: This park is home to a variety of trails, including a challenging nine-mile hike up Stone Mountain that takes about three hours to complete. There’s also a park bikepath that runs through the center of the park, perfect for riding your own bike or taking it on a ride with friends. Stone Mountain Park is open daily from 7am to 10pm.
3. Check out the Atlanta Zoo: This zoo is home to more than 2,000 animals from all over the world, including pandas, gorillas, and lions. There’s also an exciting children’s zoo with a variety of interactive exhibits, like a carousel and a water play area. Atlanta zoo is open daily from 9am to 5pm.
4. Head to Little Five Points for a day of shopping: This historic district is home to some of Atlanta’s most popular shops, like Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. There are also plenty of small boutiques where you can find unique clothes and accessories for your kids. Little Five Points is open daily from 7am to 11pm.
5. Tour the Atlanta Belt Line: This park system includes miles of trails that run through downtown Atlanta and neighborhoods like Reynoldstown and Inman Park. The trails are perfect for walking or biking, and there are also several scenic overlooks where you can take in the sights of the city. The Atlanta Belt Line is open daily from 6am to 11pm.
Take a walk in Piedmont Park
Atlanta’s most popular park is a great place to take a walk with kids. It’s big and has plenty of things to see and do, including a playground, a nature center, and a lake. There are also plenty of paths for jogging and biking. Piedmont Park is also close to some great restaurants and stores.
Visit the Kennesaw State University Campus
Kennesaw State University is a beautiful campus with plenty of things to do with kids. The main attractions are the KSU Beekeepers’ Colony and the botanical gardens, which have a great children’s garden. There are also plenty of places to eat on campus, and the Kennesaw State University Library has an excellent children’s section with books, games, and puzzles.
Go to Zoo Atlanta
The Atlanta Zoo is a great place to go with kids. It has a lot of animals, including a llama and a cheetah. The zoo also has a Children’s Zoo which is great for little ones. There are also fun exhibits like the train station and the carousel.
Take a boatride on Lake Lanier
Lake Lanier is a beautiful body of water that’s perfect for a day out with the kids. You can take a boat ride on the lake or rent a canoe or kayak. There are also plenty of places to hike and play in the scenic area.
Visit the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Historic Site
The Martin Luther King, Jr., National Historic Site is a must-see destination for kids in Atlanta. The site preserves the birthplace and final resting place of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The complex includes a visitor center, an interactive museum with exhibits on Dr. King’s life and work, a theater that features touring productions, and a beautiful gardens. For the youngest visitors there are special exhibits and activities throughout the site.
Have some sweet treats at Piedmont Bakery
Atlanta has endless activities for kids, including some of the best bakeries in town. Head to Piedmont Bakery for a sweet treat, then take a walk around Little Five Points. The area is home to trendy shops and restaurants, as well as statues and murals dedicated to creative minds. If you’re looking for something more outdoorsy, head to Chattahoochee National Forest. There’s plenty of hiking and biking trails available, and the forest is also great spot for spotting animals like bears, deer, and alligators.
Ride the giant roller coaster at Six Flags Over Georgia
Atlanta’s Science Center offers a wide variety of exhibits for all ages. Check out the IMAX theater for a unique experience. If you’re looking for amusement park-style rides, Six Flags Over Georgia is the place to be. In addition to the giant roller coaster, there’s also a water slide, bumper cars, and a ferris wheel. The park will be open from April till November.
If you’re looking for amusement park-style rides, Six Flags Over Georgia is the place to be. In addition to the giant roller coaster, there’s also a water slide, bumper cars, and a ferris wheel.